Fresh ginger root
Fresh turmeric root
- Slice enough ginger and turmeric to fill the bottom of a coffee mug (or the palm of your hand).
- Add water. My mug holds 1.5 cups.
- Microwave on full power for 2 minutes (microwave times may vary).
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of honey, then stir.
- Allow the mixture to stand a few moments, so that most of the cinnamon falls to the bottom of the mug.
- Most of the ginger and turmeric will stay at the bottom of the cup. Some may float to the top as one drinks. I ignore the pieces or occasionally take a nibble.
- When the water is nearly gone and I start to feel the graininess of the cinnamon, I refill and reheat the mug (2 minutes on power-level high). The second cup is as tasty as the first.